Satijn Panyigay — ZWARTE KIJKERS #03
ZWARTE KIJKERS (Charcoal Eyes) #03 is the third and last unique subscription to the work of Satijn Panyigay. For 10 months, every 1,5 months you receive a new print on your doorstep. Satijn Panyigay will make this new body of work about 7 important themes in her life and photography. These themes are:
Lust for life
Satijn Panyigay: “My work often consists of an overall feeling of melancholy, which these themes are a part of. I find it interesting to investigate these themes apart from each other and deepen them visually.
For this project I will use different cameras, mostly analog. For every image I choose which camera fits the story best. There can be portraits, interior photos, landscapes, still lifes or experiments in the series. With every image you receive a text about the image and why and how the theme is a part of my work and personal life.”
- 7 photos with description texts
- a unique polaroid in every box
- handmade darkroom prints and fine-art inkjetprints
- color and black and white photos
- each photo has it’s own camera, size and technique
- the first package contains the box and the first image
- the subscription start in March 2018 and each 1,5 month you receive a new print for the box. It’s possible to join later on.
- Edition: 10
- originally in Dutch, but available in English on request